FemCon (2022-2024) Erasmus+ Programme
Female workforce empowered in Construction.
Designation: FemCon: Female workforce empowered in Construction.
Project: Belonging to the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union, call 2021, of the Key Action 2 of the Cooperation Partnerships for Vocational Education and Training (VET).
Identification of the project: KA220-VET-8BD6FFB9.
Duration: 30 months, since May 2022 until October 2024.
Budget: 285.000 €.
Coordinator of the project: Polish Federation of Engineering Associations, “NOT” (Poland).
Social networks of FemCon:
FemCon is an innovative project that, based on the identification of current and future workforce needs in the construction industry, it develops education tools to tackle gender stereotypes and the outdated image of the sector, which is contributing to the low number of women advancing their careers in construction.
This project uses Vocational Education and Training (VET) to activate the valuable female workforce and emphases the role has to play as a catalyst in sustainable and impactful change. In fact, FemCon will upskill VET educators empowering them with the knowledge and resources to increase the attractiveness of construction for women.
Objetives y results
Through innovative tools, FemCon will help women working in the construction industry, or considering a career in the industry, to progress to visible roles within the sector. This will increase the attractiveness of the industry to others, leading more women to choose the sector. This VET aimed education will further impact female workforce in the construction industry across Europe, to become aware of their rights to equality in the industry and to utilise their skills and competences in the industry towards their career progression, thus creating conditions for positive change.
The project's intended results are as follows:
- FemCon Inclusion Reach and Teach: a toolkit, based on interactive, user-friendly formats, namely videos, text and graphics.
- As a Teach tool, it will help VET educators reach both construction companies and female workforce, to inspire them to learn more about the need for change.
- As a Reach tool, it will equip leaders in construction companies to develop their own Inclusion Action Plan that would lead to change. Three Action Plans will be developed in our participating counties and shared with others as transferrable learning. The handbook will be carefully crafted for the clear language, ease of use inclusive elements for women in construction.
- FemCon Curriculum: a collection of Open Education Resources (OER), easy to use materials, aimed at women working or interested in a carrer in the construction industry, which VET educators will use to help career progression and development for females in this industry. The OERs will include the pedagogic guide, which will explain methods to use and deliver the curriculum.
- FemCon Women in Construction Good Practice Showcase: Women in Construction are not visible enough in media. This Women in Construction Good Practice Showcase will be a compendium of 35 case studies of inspiration, motivation and mobilisation. Showcased via video and multimedia formats, for ease of use, visibility and representation of the women in the sector.
- FemCon Women in Construction Platform and online course.
Funded by the European Union – NextGenerationEU. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union or European Commission. Neither the European Union nor the European Commission can be held responsible for them.